Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Best Friends

As I posted earlier, my laptop had a meltdown today and died on me. Turns out the fans have burned out and need to be replaced. Bad timing since I am right in the middle of final exam week. I figured it out this morning but I had a math final exam today, so I just worked on my notes, went to school, took the exam, and decided I would take the laptop back to Best Buys so they could give me an estimate on repairs. I was fretting all day about this because I am trying to raise money to go to Oxford and every penny counts. There are no pennies in the budget for a new laptop, trust me. While I was packing up the laptop, I decided to pull the receipt out in case they needed proof of purchase and I discovered that I had purchased a warranty when I bought the laptop 3 years ago. I had totally forgotten about that. So I carry it into Best Buy and tell them the problem. It was an interesting experience that I will write about later but long story short, they had to ship my laptop back to their company to be repaired and they said it could be 7 days or 6 weeks before I get it back. They can't give me a definite date. The repairs are covered but in the meantime, I am without a computer.

So for the first time in years, I stretched out on the couch and was under the blanket, cat curled up in my lap watching TV when I get a knock on my door. Since I wasn't expecting anyone, I was kinda startled so I looked out the peephole and this crazy woman says, " Laptop loaning service with a delivery" That crazy girl was my best friend Marilee. I called her after I left Best Buys and she took it upon herself to bring me her laptop since she knew I was gonna have to drive to campus every day to do my online school work. This means she will have to go without a computer for a few days and that is a big sacrifice for her since she is taking classes online too. When I asked her about that, she simply said she would would do other work. She is willing to inconvenience herself so I can have what I need. That is unconditional love. That is the one thing I have been blessed to experience that few people in this world ever know. That is the heart of my friend. This one is for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment